List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Every app in 2.1.1 crashes (using antialiasing)
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-04-04 7:08:48

> That's not necessary (IMHO). It's a known Qt-Feature, that it segfaults,
> if one of the paths in XftConfig isn't pointing to a correctly set up
> directory =with= FreeType fonts. I already posted to kde-core about it
> and how to reproduce it. Probably a Qt-Bug. I pointed Lars to it when
> I still didn't know how to reproduce it. I don't knwo it Troll cared
> about it.
>
> Just rename one of the font paths (dir=...) in XftConfig and you get
> the same crash.

Hi!
  As I wrote formerly, I have problems with AA rendering of Czech national
characters. However, I made an experinence that if the fonts.alias file
was present in the type1 font directory (not real original Type1 from XFree,
but another set of Type1 fonts - xfntscl2), all apps crashed exactly as
written there. After removing this file, crashes were eliminated.

                                  With regards, Pavel Troller