List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Password Manager
From:       Hitesh Patel <hitesh () presys ! com>
Date:       2001-04-04 1:48:32

I was wondering if there is any interest in developing a central Password
Manager similar to that in Mozilla for use with Konqueror (HTTP
Authentication) and KMail, Knode, etc.  I am looking into developing this but
wanted to get some input on whether it is needed or not.  I'm thinking it
could use the OpenSSL library with DES or some other encryption to store the
username/password combos all encrypted by a user provided key.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Hitesh Patel
hitesh@presys.com