List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Kate now contains a backport of QT3's Regex engine
From:       Scott Manson <Maniac () Alltel ! net>
Date:       2001-04-02 6:13:53

Hello
After some discussion with other developers I backported a copy
of QT3's new RegEx engine.  If you have ever tried to use the QT2's copy
of QRegExp and found it lacking check the backport out,
it's in kdebase/kate/qt3back/qregexp3.{h.cpp}

All I did was to rename the QRegExp class to QRegExp3
I can't guarantee that this will not change before QT3 is released but about
the only thing in the last 60 days that has changed is better documentation.
One other caveat there is a #ifndef QT_NO_COMPAT that might have to be changed
it only surrounds 1 function the infamous match which is replaced by search.

I hope that some people can get some use out of this.
I also hope that the Trolls don't mind too much, and if I have omitted a
copyright or credit where credit is due I apologize in advance and will
make the proper changes.
--
Maniac@alltel.net 40° 37' 9" N, 96° 57' 24" W
A single tasking guy in multi tasking world