List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: open recent document - combobox to short
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-03-30 17:49:11

On Friday 30 March 2001 18:33, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> Hi!
> If the filename is longer then the combobox part of the path/filename is cut
> out makeing the filename unreadable.

This is about KOffice, right ?

> IMHO the filename should be presented ALWAYS in full length and only the path
> should be truncated somehow (beginning or middle)

Good idea. We could squeeze the path only, up to whatever's necessary
so that the filename is intact. With a special case if the filename itself is too
big. Will do that.

> and the complete string should be displayed as tooltip.

Good idea. So many good ideas... when do you learn C++ ? :-)

> The problem could be also partly solved by makeing the file open window
> larger and/or use a complete line for the combobox.

Isn't it big enough as it is (the dialog) ?
On small displays it would look too massive if it was bigger, IMHO.