List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Print error report (RFC)
From:       Frerich Raabe <frerichraabe () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-03-30 15:47:10

On Friday, 30. March 2001 12:20, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> I want to add print error report into the KDE print framework. I was
> wondering if it's better to:
>     1) add a message dialog popup into the kde print code, so that error is
>         automatically reported, but the message dialog would popup at
> random position (or center of the screen), because there's no parent
> widget. or

Hmmm, perhaps you'd give KNotify a try here so that the user can choose what
happens in case something wreaks havoc (Scream|Cry|Fight|Pizza). ;)

>     2) add 2 functions like "bool failed()" and "QString failReason()" and
> let the error reporting to the application using the print framework.

I'd add this in addition to the above method, you'd make "bool failed()"
obsolete if you'd make "QString failReason()" return QString::null in case
nothing happened.

- Frerich