List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KIO::NetAccess.link() ?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-03-30 8:38:20

On Friday 30 March 2001 04:00, Joe Theriault wrote:
> How am I supposed to do file operations in KDE?
>
> KIO::*Job
> KIO::NetAccess

Yes, one or the other ;-)

> I had been trying to use NetAccess, but found there was no way to link files
> using that method.

Link ? Hmm, this is only supported on the local file system anyway.
So you could use NetAccess for everything but linking and use
symlink(2) for creating symlinks. Or you could use Job, which is more
robust and truly asynchronous (not that it matters when creating symlinks,
but it does when doing long network operations).