List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Foundry at SourceForge
From:       Florent Pillet <florent.pillet () opteway ! com>
Date:       2001-03-28 7:55:04

On Tuesday 27 March 2001 21:11, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> So additional resources dedicated to developing KDE based applications
> would be welcome I think, but don't expect too many core developers rushing
> to it, we are more than busy enough with the lists hosted on kde.org.

I think that the motivations and goals for a foundry are:
- to attract new developers by synthesizing a list of existing projects
external to the base KDE distribution.
- to help avoiding redudant development efforts. If I want to develop a new
piece of software, I'm no more than an ordinary human: I won't spend a week
or two looking if it already exists. I'll search during 10 minutes and if I
don't find anything I'll go on with it.
- to get more exposure in general

--
Florent Pillet, Software Architect. e-mail: fpillet@opteway.com
opt[e]way S.A., 2881 route des cretes, BP 308