List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Compiling on Solaris with extra -l
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-03-26 14:17:00

I'm trying to compile KDE on a Solaris 7 machine; this is just so that I
can test my own app on solaris as well. Anyway, the build regularly stops
during a (libtool) link phase when symbols from libm or libstdc++ can't be
resolved (what?!?). So then I paste in an extra -lm -lstdc++ and it works
again, but I was hoping to just add those two libs to every link line by
using configure. Except there doesn't seem to be any configure option to
add extra-libs to the build process. Anyone have similar problems or know
of a solution?

[Extra info: I have used --with-extra-libs to point to the dirs where libz
&c are stored and I have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to "/vol/kde/support/lib:"]