List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [ksockaddr.h] struct in6_addr in FreeBSD 5.x ...
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira () poli ! usp ! br>
Date:       2001-03-25 14:34:41

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> I'm getting the following error compiling kdelibs-cvs under FreeBSD 5.x:
[snip]

> ksockaddr.cpp:454: `struct in6_addr' has no member named `s6_addr'
> ksockaddr.cpp: In method `void KInetSocketAddress::fromV6()':
> ksockaddr.cpp:607: `struct in6_addr' has no member named `s6_addr'
[snip]

> But, I can't find anywhere that its referenced:

Indeed, none of the source files reference that member. They used to,
but I removed those references to avoid that kind of problem. The RFC
says that in6_addr has to be 128-bit long, but says nothing about what
goes inside the struct, even though they use "s6_addr" in their
definition. (RFC 2553, I think).

I changed netsupp.h so that it would not use s6_addr and, therefore,
would not need to #undef it.

Can you please update and check again? Please make sure you have the
latest of ksockaddr.cpp and netsupp.cpp as well.

--
   Thiago Macieira - UFOT Registry number: 1001
  thiagom@mail.com talha@geocities.com

13/392. You broke your little ships. -- Lily Sloane, Star Trek: First
Contact