List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: converting QString to char*
From:       Louis BAYLE <lbayle () mail ! dotcom ! fr>
Date:       2001-03-24 15:45:59

Thanks everybody for your answers, but I'm not shure
I understood all the steps.

>This depends on the encoding of the string, i.e. which encoding your
>existing program expects.
well, I don't use unicode and all that stuf, normal ascii would
be just great :-)

>But unless it-s UTF-8 enabled, want you want is probably :
>myQString.local8Bit()
ok, but this returns a QCString, I took a look at this class which
seemed very promissing. but only one of its methods returns a
char*, qstrdup(char *), and this does not convert a QCString to
a char*, does it ?

>Then it's not written in normal C++ (that would be std::string). It's
written
>in bad/obsolete C++.
how right you are ! but it's a bit late now :-)

>QString::latin1()
seems not to be a good solution eather.

so, what can I do ?
char * myFilename = ...... myQString....

thanks a lot for your help
Louis