List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Newbie, KDE 2.1, and porting existing app.
From:       "Michael P. Jarreau" <mike () JACtrls ! com>
Date:       2001-03-21 20:47:42

Hi.  I am trying to do too many things at once.  But, that's the best way to
learn.  So, I am trying:
   to port an application from KDE1.x to 2.1; and
   learn KDE.
I have made some changes from the porting document from the web site.  I
have gone through the app. code and made the class updates.  I don't use
kdevelop (yet).

When I compile my one of the class implementations, I get large numbers of
errors.  Things like parse errors on the Qt header files.  I am sure there
is something simple I have missed, do you know what it is?

Are there reference books (printed) that I can get about this environment,
or is it still too young?

Thanks,
Mike