David Faure wrote: > Ohhhh. Didn't know about that one. Maybe Thiago intended to use that > one instead of socklen_t (for the same reasons) ? The name actually looks > better than ksize_t (which was introduced before socklen_t existed at all, > so ksize_t was either int or size_t). Actually, the problem is that both socklen_t and size_t exist, which could, in theory, mean different things. So I created that ksocklen_t just for the purpose of a socket length, because I couldn't rely on socklen_t existing. But, defining it to ksize_t would be fine as well, since ksize_t is defined to be the third parameter of getsockname. On most recent systems, that IS socklen_t. > Defining ksocklen_t to ksize_t and using it everywhere _seems_ like > the right thing to do, but I'm not 100% sure. > Hmm, you're saying Thiago isn't available for comments ? :( I wasn't available. My mail was down because of DNS problems. I have a workaround in place. > Tell me if you want me to commit your patch, or if the above makes > any sense to anyone :} I didn't see the patch, but if it defines ksocklen_t to be ksize_t, that's fine by me. I just think that having ksocklen_t to be defined (rather than change all references to ksize_t) is better. -- Thiago Macieira - UFOT Registry number: 1001 thiagom@mail.com talha@geocities.com ICQ UIN: 1967141 PGP: 0x8F2978D5 and 0xEA9037A5 Registered Linux user #65028 158/392. We'll be searching for one individual among thousands of drones. But she's one of us...And I'm not about to let her go. -- Capt. Janeway, "Dark Frontier, Part II" >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<