List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase/kcontrol/kdedb still can't be compiled ...
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-16 18:37:05

#if Alessandro Praduroux

> Unless someone (like Michael Koch for instance) can take up the maintenance
> of kdedb, I'd say leave it out. The library is quite useable now, but lacks a
> fundamental feature for kde: no private d pointers, and no real work to keep
> binary compatibility.

kdedb will truly be useful to us as soon as it can operate without a
database server. I'd be happy to write a file/gdbm/whatever backend if
I can get some instructions. I looked at the existing backends and there
wasn't much in the way of clues to how ones should be written.

I'd like to see kdedb stay in kdelibs, as many apps could make use of
it and it's the closest we've got so far to decent database support.

Rik