List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to start
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-03-13 17:28:16

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 08:05:06PM +0530, Yatheendra . M . Acharya wrote:
> I would like to know the best place to start learning programming KDE, so
> I can participate in the Korganiser project.
>
> I have Qt and KDE 2 tutorials. Would that be enough?

I would advise to take a look at bugs.kde.org and look at bugs/wishes for
Korganizer and then play with the existing sourcebase.

You haven't mentioned your programming skills, but knowledge of C++ is
desired as well as some Qt knowledge.

I can recommend the book "KDE 2.0 Development" by David Sweet, ISBN
0-672-31891-1, or available from
http://www.mcp.com/sams/detail_sams.cfm?item=0672318911

Rob
--