List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: User Interface guide
From:       Michael Driscoll <fenris () ulf ! edgemail ! com>
Date:       2001-03-12 2:36:07

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 12:17:10AM +0000, Derek Fountain wrote:
> I agree. The hide buttons should be disabled by default. The corners of
> the screen are much to useful to have these in the way.

Didn't we have the solution to this before 2.1?  Disable the left hide
button in the default configuration, and you have the K-menu in the
lower left, and the similarly useful hide button in the lower right.
Then make it configurable, and everyone should be happy.

If I remember correctly this was already the idea, but it was too late
in the 2.1 cycle to add the necessary configuration.

--
Michael Driscoll
fenris@ulf.edgemail.com