List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: This should be on dot.kde.org
From:       Olaf Zanger <olaf.zanger () soli-con ! com>
Date:       2001-03-08 16:11:32

hi there,

i had such a good laugh about the unbelievable great ideas of you guys out there.

isn't it easy to figure out what happens next? :-)

the DAU (e.g. my wife, working in everydays live on kde2 already) figures that each
bloody cd DAU owns (e.g. 400+) unbelievably has these mp3, everybody talks about
right now, on them.

so DAU buys a cd/mp3 diskman-thing. later, when DAU figures that nothing works,
blames kde2 for it :-)

here we have a great example about the real power of free software.

the power of free software is, that one (suse or embedded manufacturer) can put
everything (or everything one wants to offer) together on no cost per sale (only per
porject fixed workforce cost).

what else is out there to do this.

olaf

--