List:       kde-devel
Subject:    2.2 RELEASE SCHEDULE (update)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-06 6:27:12

The feedback received on the proposal for the 2.2. release schedule indicates
a need for some more time to do structural improvements to KDE between now
and KDE 2.2 and the need for an independent release of KOffice.

David Faure and I agreed that David will propose a release schedule for
KOffice and coordinate that release while I will coordinate the KDE 2.2
release.

Fow now I have trimmed the KDE 2.2 release schedule down to KDE 2.2 beta 1 at
which time we can decide how to proceed further. Since KOffice will get its
own release it will not be part of KDE 2.2.

This is reflected in the release schedule available (!) from
http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-2.2-release-plan.html
provided below for your convenience.

Cheers,
Waldo

---

The following is the outline for our KDE 2.2 release schedule.

The 2.2 release, unlike the 2.1.1 release, will come with new functionality
and improvements in many areas of KDE.

We aim for the following improvements among others:

* Better printing framework.
* IMAP support in kmail

All dates given here are subject to revision, but we will try out best to
stick to them if possible.

Waldo Bastian is acting as release coordinator for the 2.2 releases

KOffice 1.1 will be released independent from KDE 2.2. The KOffice 1.1
release schedule can be found here.

KDE 2.2 Beta 1

Thursday March 22
The HEAD branch is temporary frozen : bugfix commits only

Wednesday March 28
Tarballs are made out of the HEAD of CVS, for KDE 2.2 Beta 1
They are made public immediately, and given to packagers for creation of
binary packages. HEAD branch is open for commits again.

Monday April 2