List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Internal documentation patches
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-03-07 11:37:53

On Wednesday 07 March 2001 07:31, Gordon Sadler wrote:
> Let me apologize up front for the long-windedness, just thought I should
> fully explain myself, as I'm purely an unknown around here.
>
> Please find attached 2 patches, one each for kdelibs and kdebase.
>
> Problem when documenting with kdoc, it appears to not parse namespace
> declarations correctly.
>
> If they are all on one line (ie namespace KIO{ jobs; } ) it fails to
> parse the remainder of the file. Similarly if the namespace declaration
> does not end with "};" , note the semicolon, it failes in the same
> manner.

Which version of kdoc did you test ?
I think this has been fixed in KDoc now. If you look at
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/2.0-api/classref/kfile/KPropsDlgPlugin.html
you'll see that this file has been parsed properly, even with the namespace KIO { class Job; }
Same in 2.1-api.

I see in your patch that your version of kdoc didn't work with
/** comment */
but this has been fixed too.

> The patch also fixes one typo in arts/artsc/artsc.c.
Applied :)

> Now you can produce a full set of documentation with kdoc, with one
> MAJOR exception, kparts/dockmainwindow.h...
>
> DockMainWindow inherits unknown class 'KDockMainWindow' which is caused
> in kdeui/kdockwidget.h and a rather odd EXPORT_DOCKCLASS.
>
> I tried using cvs log on kdockwidget.h to get some idea why NO_KDE2 and
> EXPORT_DOCKCLASS are there. Looks like some compat code for kde1/kde2 ?

No, this is because those classes are apparently compileable on Windows too.

> Whatever the reason kdoc can't get passed kdockwidget.h:292
> class EXPORT_DOCKCLASS KDockTabGroup : public KDockTabCtl
>
> It just fails to read that, so on line 1024
> class EXPORT_DOCKCLASS KDockMainWindow : public KMainWindow
>
> it never gets the chance to realize that's a valid superclass for
> DockMainWindow.

Yes, it seems this is still quite broken.
I'll talk to Taj about this.

> You might wonder why I went to all this trouble rather than 'fixing'
> kdoc? I'm not much for perl, I did read the source but... not sure I
> understand it enough yet. The attached patches are purely aesthetic, but
> they do 'fix' the problem for now -)

But they fix problems in the wrong place, and most of those are fixed
in kdoc already.