List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE colors, fonts and mouse poibters
From:       Melchior FRANZ <a8603365 () unet ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2001-03-06 21:41:20

* Reinhard Thies -- Wednesday 28 February 2001 07:48:
> One other problem seems tobe that you can't chabge the color of the mouse cursor.
> That one should not be black on black background.

You can easily replace your cursor font by another font, at least
under XFree86 (tested with 4.0.1). Just put the font file from
http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a8603365/cursor.pcf.gz into
the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/font/misc directory and restart the
X server. Now all the different cursors are inverted, except
those introduced by QT, like the watch and the window resize
cursors. But most of these are only shown, when you are clicking
somewhere, anyway, so you know very well, where your mouse points
to. The font isn't perfect yet, because I created it by converting
the original font with a little perl script, which could still
be improved. The white arrow looks really nice on dark color
schemes, btw.

m.

PS: Don't forget to save your original cursor.pcf.gz!