List:       kde-devel
Subject:    X error in KFileDialog::getSaveFileName()
From:       Philippe Fremy <pfremy () chez ! com>
Date:       2001-03-05 20:06:54

	Hi,

I am getting X errors when using dialogs in KVim. I have no idea what could
trigger a X error, I guess KVim is doing something specific for that. Right
now, I'm stuck I don't know what to do.

KVim is in kdenonbeta. My kde is 2.1 .

Run kvim -f (-f is to have it in foreground, it is easier to debug), edit a
few lines then quit with ':q'. A dialog will prompt. Choose Yes and you got a
X error.

The errors appears either in VimDialog or in gui_mch_browse which uses
KFileDialog::getsSaveFileName(). I do nothing specific, so it must be an
error somewhere else. My debug output is :

VimDialog : layout activated!
focusOutEvent
BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
Vim: Got X error