List:       kde-devel
Subject:    2 problems while developing for KDE
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-03-04 17:25:55

If anybody has any suggestion...

1) Weird missing connections
I have a virtual base class with the following features:
    - inherits QWidget
    - define a virtual destructor
    - doesn't define any new signal/slot (no Q_OBJECT in header file)

A child class with the following features:
    - inherits my base class
    - defines a normal destructor
    - defines new signals/slots (Q_OBJECT appear in header file)

Then I get this warning when instantiating my child class:

QObject::connect: No such slot KMWClass::cleanupEventFilter()
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')

But I don't make my self this connection. So I don't know where it
comes from.

2) Can't use KMainWindow as child widget
For some reasons, I'd like to use a KMainWindow as child widget of
another widget (for example a QTabWidget). When the KMainWindow
is not inserted in a layout, it works OK, but if I insert it into a layout,
then the KMainWindow is not shown anymore. If I force it by calling
explicitely "show()", then it is shown as separate window.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Michael.

Michael Goffioul                IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be        (Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510          Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515          3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM