List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 2.2 RELEASE SCHEDULE (proposal) [NOTE: 2.2 != 2.1.1]
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-03 21:43:31

On Saturday 03 March 2001 01:55, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> But the feature Waldo scheduled for 2.2 are a _must_have_ for something
> called "enterprise ready". So what about single package-release for e.g.
> kmail 2.1.2 and separate koffice 2.1 "version counting"

I am not opposed to that idea but be aware that this increases the logistical
problems on the KDE side of things. Two issues that come to mind are
* kmail/koffice must ensure that it compiles and works with KDE 2.1 as
opposed to KDE CVS.
* rpm upgrades become difficult because of conflicts between kmail.rpm and
kdenetwork.rpm.

The KDE 2.1 way of releasing KDE works quite well for us and we can repeat
that without too much difficulties. With single package releases we will be
heading into a whole new territory.

Cheers,
Waldo
--