List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [kprint] Can't use GLOB_TILDE on Solaris
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-03-03 11:43:48

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Friday 02 March 2001 08:46, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> > Until then, either implement my own globbing function, or use OS
> > implementation with the use of some #ifdef's. What's the best ?
> >
> > Michael.
>
> Well, you will have to make your own globbing function, because it's unlikely
> that all supported platforms have an OS implementation. You could still use
> #ifdefs to use an OS implementation when available if you think that would
> work better, but that usually involves a bunch of autoconf checks and I doubt
> whether that is worth the trouble.

I think that using the OS implementation should be faster than a pure recusive
implementation using QDir. Of course I don't know every system, but isn't it
possible that all UNIX-like OS have an equivalent routine for expanding tilde
and wildcards ?

Michael.

Michael Goffioul                IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be        (Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510          Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515          3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM