List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Strange highlighting/drop-down display behavior
From:       Michael Brade <Michael.Brade () informatik ! uni-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2001-03-03 9:56:10

On Saturday 03 March 2001 01:32, Jelmer Feenstra wrote:
> On Thursday 01 March 2001 22:49, Stefan Hellwig wrote:
> > Hi!
> ><cut>
> > So do you know any solution to this problem? Maybe just using another
> > nVidia driver "plugin" for XFree86? The one used by SuSE 7.0 seemed to
> > have worked pretty well... That's one thing I will try to do tomorrow. If
> > I can come up with a solution I will post it here.
> >
> > Since it doesn't seem to be a KDE/Qt problem at all I am sorry for this
> > quite off-topic message thread in this list...
>
> Well it just might. Unless the matrox driver has the exact same bug (I see
> it too, I have a Matrox G450).
>
> Plus I've been seeing the problem for quite some time on a variety of
> systems. Definitely something rather wrong :(
Could it be that those systems and you all are using XFree 4's new RENDER
extension? I.e. you're using antialiasing with KDE? I ask because this was
the time I saw the problem for the first time. And with 'export QT_XFT=no'
the strange highlighting vanishes (at least for me). BTW, I have an ATI
Mach64 chip.

Ciao,
  Michael

--

       Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
             Linux however is `expert friendly'.