List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [kprint] Can't use GLOB_TILDE on Solaris
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-03-02 16:46:25

"Aaron J. Seigo" wrote:

> Hi...
>
> > ~/.printers/interface/*/*
> >
> > Actually, this is not the tilde expansion which is important, but the
> > wildcard expansion (which can includes several levels). Can the above code
> > handle this ? (I mean without recursion on the "entryList" member).
>
> not without recursion, no... it could of course handle:
>
>   ~/.printers/interface/*foo*
>
> but when you want multiple levels of folders to be globed out all at once,
> you'd have to step through (manually) each level.. but this should be an easy
> thing to write...

Yes, I know how I would write it, but the "glob" function is much mode convenient...
Maybe the Qt people should think about implementing it, for example as a static
member of QDir class: Linux and HP-UX have "glob", Solaris has "wordexp", this
shouldn't be a hard thing to do.
Until then, either implement my own globbing function, or use OS implementation
with the use of some #ifdef's. What's the best ?

Michael.

Michael Goffioul                IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be        (Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510          Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515          3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM