List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Q: KActions and their icons
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-03-02 11:00:44

[Reply to my own posting]

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> In an attempt to make KPilot use the more modern UI goodies that KDE2
> provides, I decided to switch to KActions. My code now looks like this:
	... blablabla ...
> These icons get installed
> into $KDEDIR/share/apps/kpilot/locolor/16x16/actions/hotsync.png, and
> similarly for the other two.
	.. yadda ..
> one of my own. The problem is that instead of the hotsync icon I get the
> "unknown" icon. So where does KAction get its icons from?

Well, copying those icons into $KDEDIR/share/icons/locolor/16x16/actions
fixed the problem. Or fixing the makefile so that the icons get installed
into $KDEDIR/share/apps/kpilot/icons/locolor/16x16/actions/ (the "icons"
subdir is essential). Sigh. Still wishing for even more documentation in a
more accessible fashion.

ade