List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [kprint] Can't use GLOB_TILDE on Solaris
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-02-28 16:17:57

Robert Napier wrote:

> kdelibs/kprint/pdq/scanner.ll includes a reference to GLOB_TILDE in
> order to do tilde expansion. This doesn't compile on Solaris:
>
> scanner.ll: In function `void do_try_include(const char *)':
> scanner.ll:122: `GLOB_TILDE' undeclared (first use this function)
> scanner.ll:122: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> scanner.ll:122: for each function it appears in.)
> scanner.ll: At top level:
> scanner.cpp:1364: warning: `void yyunput(int, char *)' defined but not used
> make: *** [scanner.lo] Error 1
>
> glob() can't do tilde expansion on Solaris. You have to use wordexp()
> which doesn't appear to exist on Linux....
>
> Since this is the first time I've run into this, and I don't see any
> references to glob() in at least kdelibs, I'm assuming that there is a
> more correct qt way to do this. If not, I can look into patching up
> autoconf and scanner.ll to use glob or wordexp as appropriate (please
> tell me there's a better way... :)

kdeprint is new in kdelibs since today. I use "glob", because I didn't find
the Qt equivalent. But if it exists, tell me and I'll change the code. Otherwise
the solution is with some #ifdef, using wordexp. I don't have access to Solaris
so I can't make a patch.

Michael.

Michael Goffioul                IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be        (Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510          Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515          3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM