List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: OT [Re: qt-copy now contains Qt 2.3 beta 1]
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-02-27 14:27:32

Tuesday 27 February 2001 11:05, Daniel Andor написал:
|   > Not true anymore. Keith original patch was latin1 only. The stuff in
|   > Qt-2.3 (or qt-copy) has support for other encodings (if the true type
|   > fonts used have glyphs for the encoding you want). But you'll still
|   > need to correctly set up your XftConfig to get it working.
|
|   A Quickie Question: Just before I embark on compiling XF4.0.2 from
| source, how I can find out whether all supported graphics cards also
| support the RENDER extension?

If you are talking about XF 4.0.2 *release*, than I can tell you: ATI Mach64
(and Rage128/Radeon) are not supported.
Support for them was added in a week or two after XF 4.0.2 release.
So, it's better to try current XFree86 CVS.

Matrox cards are supported, Nvidia will add AA support in closed-sourced
binary drivers ver.0.9.7

BTW: XF is tagged as 4.0.99-1 (pre-4.1.0) at a moment, so most likely XF 4.1
will be out soon. May be, it's better wait a little bit and go strightly to
4.1

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)