Roberto Alsina wrote: > > On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Waldo Bastian wrote: > > > On Monday 26 February 2001 14:58, Seth Nickell wrote: > > > > Could you also provide us with the data for the GNOME apps for our own > > > > app database? > > > > > > See my previous message. Database already sent to the KDE developer > > > apparently responsible for the KDE database. > > > > > > -Seth > > > > That must be me. But you lost me now. The only problem is that the mimetypes > > supported by a gnome application are listed in this database instead of the > > .desktop file, right? > > > > But GNOME applications still _do_ install a .desktop file, do they? > > That's probably my fault. I read something about Nautilus having its own > mime-type stuff, and didn't check (because I can't make it work :-P) They have .desktop files, but GNOME .desktop files do not include the MimeType field. It was apparently a matter of some technical contention when the spec was being discussed, and is today on the gnome-kde list. For better or worse, most gnome applications do not use this field today :-( -Seth >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<