List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: drawing "on top of screen" ok with gnome not kde ?
From:       Thibaut Colar <tcolar () qarbon ! com>
Date:       2001-02-26 20:52:36

I can't have xglobe painting either on kde (works on gnome)  even with the
-kde option
is that normal ??

Well, it's not true that it won't work. Try, e.g., xglobe with kdesktop.
All your program has to do is to be able to dump an image to a file on
request. The dynamic background setting capabilities of kdesktop will then
make very easy to have that image loaded periodically. Just look in
kdesktop's code and in kcontrol's kdisplay module (to see how external
programs get "presented" to kdesktop). Hope this helps --
Cristian Tibirna .. tibirna@sympatico.ca PhD Student ..
ctibirna@giref.ulaval.ca
.. www.giref.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna KDE contact - Canada .. tibirna@kde.org ..
www.kde.org

On Friday 23 February 2001 21:44, Mark Deneen wrote: > This will not work
in kde. A program called kdesktop is what you see as > your background in
kde. It is just a window resized to the same size as > your desktop. > > On
Friday 23 February 2001 09:22 pm, Thibaut Colar wrote: > > Hi there, I'm
trying to have my program drawing on the desktop, on top of > > everything
("as a html top layer"), > > this works under gnowe, wmaker and others, but
not on kde (on cde it > > doesn't totally works (it paints under the
"backdrop shadow", but > > if i remove the backdrop shadow then it's
fine) > > I suspect that on kde there is the "background color" or so
painting on > > top of my graphics. > > (does kde have any extra graphic
layer compare to gnome or wmaker ?) > > (btw it'the mandrake version of kde
if it makes any difference) > > Thanks for any help: > > > > Here is the
most of the code drawing a rectangle (screnshot capture area) > > as I want
(working in gnome and wmaker) > > > >> Visit
http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to > >> unsubscribe
unsubscribe <<

Thibaut Colar tcolar@qarbon.com
Lead Java Developer, Qarbon.com