List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ktoolbar question, how to remove item in MDI
From:       Thorsten Schnebeck <thorsten.schnebeck () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-02-23 18:05:15

Christophe Prud'homme wrote:
> Hie,
>
> I have a MDI interface and I want to keep track of all open MDI documents in
> a toolbar. inserting new button is fine, however removing it if the MDI
> client is closed is not.

Hi Christophe Prud'homme,

PLEASE don't use MDI in a way like e.g. Opera. I have a huge desktop. Why
will you force my document-views in a single application window? KDE has a
system window management tool (called taskbar ;-) Why will you manage your
app-views by your own?
MDI is a very very BAD design!

Please go over to

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/standards/kde/style/basics/windows.html

and read the KDE style guides and change your mind!
(Quote: "KDE does not use MDI")

Thank you!

  Thorsten

--