List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: sounds for kdegames...
From:       Josef Spillner <dr_maux () maux ! de>
Date:       2001-02-22 19:14:12

On Thu 22 Feb 2001 10:46 Martin Heni wrote:
> He also asked about the existance of a kde-games mailing list and as he
> is not the first to do so I think we should discuss the necessity of one. I

Agreed. Currently there are not much game related messages here but this may
be due to the nature of this list. I'd vote for such a list.

> I myself noticed the need of such a list lately in the progress of the
> developpment of the KDE Multiplayer Game Library (as announced a
> few weeks ago on this list).

This could be very interesting. And it's right in time: Some days ago I
started porting my KDE apps (i.e. games) to autoconf & co, and some of them
could use such a library and wait for order. Although I would complain if it
is not going to be compatible to existing ones ;)

So yes, let's make big plans to have sound and network capabilities the key
improvements of KDE games for 2.2, and because everybody knows that game
programmers do always exaggerate, this should go to kde-games@master.kde.org,
or whatever it is called. My mailbox would say thanks too - not because I
don't like all the kde-devel discussion, but it's far too much messages per
day.

Josef Spillner

--
The MindX Project - http://mindx.sourceforge.net