List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Does does --enable-mysql pay me?
From:       Alessandro Praduroux <pradu () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2001-02-15 22:07:12

On Thursday 15 February 2001 17:22, Thomas Leitner wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > > What does the --enable-mysql option to kdelibs pay me ? I've turned it
> > > and and also checked that it is correctly detected and included by
> > > configure. But where can I check that it works?
> >
> > Go into kdedb to compile
>
> Isn't this compiled per default when I use --enable-mysql ? Also, kdedb
> is only a library, isn't it? What applications use this lib?
>
> Tom

This isn't compiled in by default to avoid distribution in this version of
KDE (I mean 2.1). After 2.1 I will enable it and ensure binary compatibility.

Actually there aren't big apps that use kdedb, but some work is being done in
this area. For a small database browsing app you can take a look at
kdenonbeta/kdbbrowser.
--
Pradu