List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QT & Windows 2000 effects on KDE
From:       mh <crapsite () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-02-12 15:14:19

Rolf Magnus, Mon, 12 Feb 2001:
> On Monday, 12. February 2001 10:35, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I know that there are many Trolltech employees are reading this mailing
> > list, and I know that QT 2.2.x have the Windows 2000 effects (fade, scroll,
> > whatever)..
[...}
> Btw: the effects are: scrolling comboboxes (when opening the list), either
> fading or scrolling tooltips and either fading or scrolling menus.

WOW, this is *really* a perfect simulation of normal Windows behaviour;
now my Qt2/KDE2 apps CRASH all the time :-)))
This is really something I've been waiting for a long time :-)))

A little more serious (and less sarcastic):
Whenever I try something like "fademenu" or "fadetooltips", my apps crash
as soon as I move over a toolbar item or activate a menu.
Sometimes I can see something like a rectangle with many horizontal stripes
in  different colours, before the app passes away.
Is anyone else able to reproduce this?

Michael

Tested on a 256 color, 800x600 display running SuSE Linux 7.0
Qt2.2.4
X:
version number:    11.0
vendor string:    The XFree86 Project, Inc
vendor release number:    3360