List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Help with kwrite?? bug
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2001-02-12 15:32:07

Hi,
I'm working on the kant editor togeather with Christoph Cullmann, and we have
a bug that we can't - so far - understand, so if any of all you [kwrite]
developers would like to help us out, we would appreciate it!

Kant at this point does split views, kinda similar to konqui, we call the
views "viewspaces" to seperate them from kwrite-views in the code.

You can download a version with the bug from sourceforge:
http://download.sourceforge.net/kant/kant-0.1.0-beta6.tar.gz

The bug has to do with adding/removing viewspaces:
If you split the view, then unsplit more than one time, any editing crashes
kant. At the time of the crash, the correct view seems to be in focus, the
document exists, is writable and contains the text it should and owns the
view.

The weird thing is, that it dosen't happen first tiem you split/unsplit, it
happens second and sometimes even only third time.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

-anders
--
Go for a visual ride of GUI history