List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Why you dont activate this ? - Fade effects
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () zvw ! de>
Date:       2001-02-11 20:32:39

On Sunday, 11. February 2001 20:22, Cullmann Christoph wrote:

> > > It is really nice, like the effects in Win2k
> >
> > Didn't change anything here.  Added that to both the files, and restarted
> > X. No difference at all.
>
> It works on my machine, nice alphablending of menus ....
> But it could be that it only works since 2.2.4, havent tested the previous
> versions.

I tested it when I read about it, I think on /. or so. It didn't work with
adding the in any of the two files. So I searched for the position in my qt
(2.2.3) and removed the checks in qapplication_x11.cpp so that it's endabled
always. This works. Seems that there's something wrong with the check in
2.2.3.
There seem to be some problems though, menus don't fade in always, only
sometimes, as do tool tips. Maybe that's fixed in 2.2.4 already, so I should
probably try it.