List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SHOWSTOPPER(?): kcontrol is empty after editing with kmenuedit
From:       Rinse de Vries <rinse () daxis ! nl>
Date:       2001-02-07 12:21:14

Op woensdag  7 februari 2001 11:32, schreef Rinse de Vries het volgende:
>Op woensdag  7 februari 2001 09:12, schreef Stefan Schimanski het
>
>volgende:
>
> [..]

>>> Oh, sorry. Then this means KDE-2 own's menu editor is as broken as
>>> Mandrake's menu editor was a few months ago, and this has to be fixed
>>> ASAP.
>>
>>I fixed the problem on a KDE 2.0.1 SuSE 7 system some weeks ago by
>> setting
>>
>>a) the KDEDIR enviroment variable correctly in konsole (was still
>> pointing to the kde 1 dir)
>>b) running kbuildsycoca once
>>
>>So it really looked like a bad default installation of the SuSE KDE
>> RPMs.

I asked Otto, one of our team members, to test this on his installation.
He has a 6 hours old cvs-build on SuSE 7.0
Same problem on his system, kcontrol becomes emtpy and=20
k-menu->preferences breaks.

The error can be reversed by manually deleting the directory
~/.kde2/share/applnk/settings
After this both kcontrol and mmenu work fine again

Kind regards, Rinse