List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror rocks
From:       Mark Deneen <deneen () bucknell ! edu>
Date:       2001-02-05 20:10:12

On Monday 05 February 2001 01:49 pm, Lars Knoll wrote:
> On Monday 05 February 2001 19:41, Mark Deneen wrote:
> >
> > Would there be any way of remembering where you are and going back to
> > that point after the reflow?
>
> More or less impossible unfortunately. khtml doesn't know at which part of
> the table the user looks. In the case described above, does he look at the
> left or the middle column? The left one will probably not change it's with
> mich, so the contents wont move. The middle one will get smaller, so
> contents moves down. To which one should we stick?

I don't know what is more common in two column pages.  However, guessing
center column in a three column page might not be all that bad.

I wonder how IE does this..

perhaps center on the largest text node visible before the reflow?

I do not think there is a perfect strategy, but a decent one is better than
none.  :-)

-M