List:       kde-devel
Subject:    new i18n howto
From:       Matthias Kiefer <kiefer () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-02 9:22:56

Hi all,

since I lately saw quite a lot of problems with internationalization issues
in some applications I wrote a small howto, that describes how to prepare the
code for i18n and also lists some common mistakes many developers do and that
prevents applications to get properly translated.

_Please_  read this howto carefully and think of i18n issues when writing
code. It is not a big deal, but if you are not aware of some possible
problems, it might make some applications very hard to use in other languages
or let them look badly. And since the translation of KDE in so many languages
is one big advantage of KDE, it is important that developers are aware of the
issue.

You can find the howto at
http://developer.kde.org/kde2arch/kde-i18n-howto.html

Thanks for reading,