List:       kde-devel
Subject:    For the FAQ (about sound)
From:       Leon Widdershoven <l.widdershoven () fz-juelich ! de>
Date:       2001-02-01 12:50:23

I think it would be usefull to add to the FAQ, and maybe
the distributed help, something on the sound system aRts.

Q: How do I play custom WAV sounds in my KDE environment?

A: Just use the command artsplay <wavfile>.
   This command can also be used by non-kde applications
   that rely on an external play command (like 'play').

The reason I propose this is because I needed it to configure
my licq, and I didn't know how to be able to play sounds
while artsd is using the sound card. (And I coulnd't find
to much about it in the help of KDE 2.0.1).

Regards,
Leon