On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Harri Porten wrote: > Michael Jarrett wrote: > > > > What I meant is the parent class needs to have signals as well. Ie ObjA > > inheriting KMainWindow and Obj2 where Obj2 would like to inherit > > QWidget. Obj2 has to work independantly as a widget, but I also want to > > inherit the functionality into ObjA, as so to avoid duplicating the > > code. > > Can't you compose those classes by making on a member variable of the > other ? This way you don't have to duplicate any code except some > connect() calls to forward signals. Or put the functionality into concrete class C, and inherit that from your subclass of KMainWindow and QObject... But I would advise to use composition instead of inheritance in this case, if at all possible :) bye, Peter >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<