List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: licence doubt! [Fwd: Announce: KDE Studio Gold]
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-01-24 4:14:30

Tuesday 23 January 2001 10:50, Alessandro Praduroux ΞΑΠΙΣΑΜ:
|   On Tuesday 23 January 2001 09:05, glaurent@telegraph-road.org wrote:
|   > > Since KDEStudio (the latest guest-CVS version from thekompany.com) is
|   > > widely using GPL code of KDevelop, I doubt if they could ever release
|   > > such a commercial version.
|   >
|   > Who said the commercial version wasn't under GPL ?
|
|   actually KDEStudio Gold will be provided with full source code under the
| GPL.
|
|   see http://www.thekompany.com/products/ksg/faq.php3
|
|   bye

Then it will be interesting to see how theKompany.com will sell it.
I just wonder: if there is a company with 10 work places, and there are 10
programmers sitting on their desks - how you [theKompany] will sell them 10
copies?

Or you are going to sell "one copy per site"?  :-)

P.S. Still I wonder why people should buy if sources are available.
Of course, pricing for US is pretty cheap, so I do not see any problem if you
put it in WalMart or BestBuy. Question is wether WalMart will agree to take
it!  :-)
--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)