List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: turbo konqueror
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz () linuxqa ! com>
Date:       2001-01-23 15:25:17

Hi,

> > 1. goto user agent, type "www.desktopgirls.com" (ok, I like pretty girls,
> > sue me)
> > 2. select an agent (I selected Explorer with Windows NT)
> > 3. Click Add, then click Apply and OK
> > 4. After the window has been closed, select configure Konqeuror again - now
> > the default * has disappeared...
>
> That is me and it is not a bug.  The default user-agent string can no longer be changed
> and you cannot use wildcard/regexp strings for matching.  This is done on purpose to
> discourage people from changing the user-agent otherwise there will be no incentive
> for webmasters and script developers fot fix their sites!  You can still however specify
> matches on a per specific domain basis.  That is you can add different useragent strings
> for ".kde.org" and "developer.kde.org" if you like, but not "*" to change it for everything.
> BTW, this is a trade-off between being configurable and making sure Konqueror gets
> recognized.

Then I don't understand - if I put www.abc.com, select IE, and click ADD - it
shows that it added it, but when I click again - the * that was the default for
everything to be shown as konqueror - dissapears and I got only the line that I
created..

So either erase the * line from the beginning - or the user (just like me) will
get confused..

also, I didn't understand about the ".kde.org" - does it mean that if I have
a.abcd.org and b.abcd.org and c.abcd.org - then I can set up .abcd.org as
netscape and this should cover all hosts inside abcd.org?

Thanks,
Hetz