List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: online API Reference
From:       Malte.Starostik () t-online ! de (Malte Starostik)
Date:       2001-01-07 23:40:12

Am Sonntag,  7. Januar 2001 23:54 schrieb Peter Putzer:
> On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Malte Starostik wrote:
> > >
> > > It seems like the ideal would be to have two sets of docs online.  The
> > > first would be from the latest stable release (2.01), and the second
> > > would be generated daily from cvs.
> >
> > Might be, AFAIK the real problem is that kdoc is currently not able to
> > produce a working documentation set (no offence intended of course).
> > -Malte
>
> It is, you just need Perl 5.6 (I stumbled over that for a long time)
>
> Peter
Well, I tried it not so long ago, with Perl 5.6, and it failed for a lot of
things, especially when namespaces are involved, the generated HTML pages
ranged from missing functions to total mess. For "normal" classes (no
namespaces used, no other constructs that might make kdoc stumble), the docu
was perfect.
-Malte