List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: small bug in khtml/ecma (maybe)
From:       Harri Porten <harri () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2001-01-07 20:00:58

Alessandro Praduroux wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I use an online home banking service that is based on javascript and frames.
> javascript is used to open different files in frames depending on the user
> choiche on a combobox, using the following code
>
>         top.body.location.href = "/HTML/Info.asp?Area=" + area + "&Rapporto=";
>         top.head.dll.location.href = "/HTML/rapporti.asp?Area=" + area;
>
> where body and head are two frames.
>
> in kjs_window.cpp, function Window::get, the dom tree is searched for an
> element with value = 'body' or 'head', the element is found and retured.
>
> but the interpreter here needs a frame element, not a dom node. Code to
> retrieve the frame is just below the dom tree search, but never reached.
>
> I see two solution here:
> 1- reorganize the code to look first for a frame and then for a dom node,
> 2- check if the found node is a frame and ignore the node
>
> I did the former and it seems to work here, but since I do not know well the
> khtml code, I submit a patch here for review.

The order of property lookup is indeed a delicate issue. We underwent
some iterations for the document object already. The other browsers
offer quite a few (not publically specified) shortcuts and we have to
study their exact behaviour by gathering feedback from real world pages.

However, your patch looks good and I have applied it. Only time will
tell if this broke anything, though.

Harri.