List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konqueror renders the page incorrectly
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-01-04 16:16:24

Hi!
  My son has another bug-report for You, but his english is still not usable,
so I'm writing instead :-)
  On, for example, http://www.lego.com/mars, the page is rendered incorrectly.
The most annoying is that the background image is tiled on the screen several
times instead of being rendered just once. Netscape renders the pages OK.
  On the page source, there are two background image definitions: One using
css, which says background-repeat: no-repeat, and another one using background
image specificaiton in <body>.
  Another minor problem is that there is a text selection widget in the page,
which shows all the items quickly and at once in Netscape, but in a small widget
with scrollbar in Konq. Together with the fact that scrolling the contents of the
widget is not very smooth for the first time, my son qualifies the Netscape's
behaviour as significantly better (and I must agree with him, even being a big
Konq fan). However, this is not a bug, may be a wish: why to limit the size of the
widget when there is a 1280x1024 screen available ? Netscape knows well its
dimensions, should Konq...
                              With regards, Milan Troller (written by Pavel)