List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Current status of MSWord filter etc.
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-12-25 22:16:33

John,

>1.  Regarding Shaheed's original message which started this thread, as
>krayon is now built by default with the rest of koffice I can move the
>filters we now have (for all common image types) out of kimageshop and
>into koffice/filters using the standard protocol for filters - probably
>during the first two weeks of Jan.  They work well but need to be put
>into the standard format used by koffice filters. Also I'll be adding a
>filter for xcf (gimp) files which have a very similar format to ours.
>It is not possible for me to do anything with Shaheed's MS import for
>images interface until the filters are there in
>koffice/filters/kimageshop for common formats, or to open a file by
>importing.  Right now I can import a number of formats into an existign
>krayon doc and a krayon image in these formats (jpg, gif import, png,
>xpm, bmp).

BTW: I *currently* think that there is no hurry for this from the msword
import filter point of view. This is because AFAICS, msword rarely embeds a
standalone image (it always seems to wrap it in WMF or MSOD). Since I handle
these using killustrator, embedding krayon there is probably more useful. I
also still think your stuff is valuable from the "native" kword point of
view though...

Thanks, Shaheed