List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: design for a new application
From:       Leon Widdershoven <l.widdershoven () fz-juelich ! de>
Date:       2000-12-21 17:03:00

Hi,

Python seems to be a very nice language. About the only
thing it lacks is a platform-independent GUI interface
(well, tcl/tk works maybe).

But to get a good answer, you'd probably give some more
specs:
- is it heavy-duty video coding/encoding
- is it sound related
- is it image related
- do you need a GUI
- Must it be platform independent or
- what platforms should it run on.
- network transparant file access?

(you might notice, a combination of YES to all leads
to C++ w/ Qt:)

Leon