List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kpilot in kdepim
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2000-12-20 21:14:23

On Wednesday 20 December 2000 20:41, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
> Are there any good reasons why kpilot is currently disabled? The version
> in CVS (HEAD) works perfectly for me (and definitely better than the KDE
> 1.x thing many people are still using)

Bero, you're one of the few who has anything good to say about KPilot in its
current state. Yes it is better than KPilot 3.2.1 for KDE1 but it has the
nasty habit of crashing violently -- segfaults all over the place that I
personally can't reproduce at all (maybe it's a redhat thing). That's one
reason for keeping it far away from innocent users.

> If it's about not compiling because of a missing "pi-file.h", that file is
> part of pilot-link and should be checked for.

I can try to add that -- it's a common problem btw., along with older
versions of pilot-link needing extra includes.

--
[ade] at home: adridg@sci.kun.nl
Probably hacking at KDE2.