List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: XFree86 4.02 out?
From:       Thorsten Westheider <thorsten.westheider () teleos-web ! de>
Date:       2000-12-20 12:44:17

Kurt Granroth wrote:

> Rolf Magnus wrote:
> > On freshmeat.net, there is a message that XFree86 4.02 is out, and
> > they link to the XFree homepage, but this page doesn't contain any
> > information about it.  So, is it out, and does it have the AA
> > support?
>
> It is and it does.. but let's be a little patient and wait for the
> mirrors to catch up :-)
> --
> Kurt Granroth            | http://www.granroth.org
> KDE Developer/Evangelist | SuSE Labs Open Source Developer
> granroth@kde.org         | granroth@suse.com
>             KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop

Hi,

downloaded the source this morning and fiddled around with
it for some time, eventually succeeded to compile and install
it. However, I had to force the build process with the 'keep-
going' option (make -k) for it keeps stopping in xc/lib/dps:

kde20@weyoun:~/XFree86/4.0.2/xc/lib/dps > make
rm -f dpsclrops.o unshared/dpsclrops.o
gcc -c -ansi -pedantic -Wall -Wpointer-arith    -I../.. -I../../exports/include
 -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE
-D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE  -D_GNU_SOURCE    -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO
-DXDPS -DCSDPS -DTCPCONN -DUNIXCONN -O2 -fno-strength-reduce   dpsclrops.c -o
unshared/dpsclrops.o
dpsclrops.c:7: dpsops.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [dpsclrops.o] Error 1

(appears to be some stuff by Adobe Systems if I'm not
mistaken). Any hints on this one?

	Regards,
	  Thorsten Westheider

--
Dipl.-Phys. Thorsten Westheider     / /  (_)__  __ ____  __
Im Schlingen 15                    / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /